Skip to main content

Huntington Library Date


This past Sunday, i had the pleasure of taking my boyfriend to the Huntington Library for his Christmas gift. He's never been there but i have, only once though and that was a while back. It was lovely that day, it was nice and chilly but still sunny. We only had about 3 hours to spare though because we got there a little bit later, but it ended up being just fine because we were able to see the gardens we wanted to see. I took about 3 photos, and just soaked in the overall memories of what happened that day.  This photo was by the Chinese garden area, and it was a little pond area filled with koi fishes. 


This was taken over at the Japanese garden, they had beautiful trees and beautiful bamboo sticks, this tree stuck out to me because it was filled with so many yellow leaves, below it was a pile of yellow leaves that had fallen. 


And this photo was taken near the entrance/ exit to the overall botanical garden, I don't recall the statues name, but it was beautiful so i had to take a photo of it when i saw it. It was near towards the children's greenhouse area. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coping With Isolation

I hope everyone's doing well with all that is going on. I'm sure one day we will all be able to engage in the lives we once had before any of this happened. But for now all that we can do is keep ourselves afloat and balanced. How do you cope with isolation? How are these times treating you? Are you doing stuff you love? Stuff you wished you had more time for and now that you do are you trying to take advantage of it? One of my loves has always been writing because it's my form of expression, I think sometimes written words convey a lot more of my emotions than when I say them out loud. And throughout this time I've been at least trying to incorporate writing, and I've started to write letters to my friends. My friend reached out to me recently and asked if I wanted her to write me a letter, and honestly words can't describe just how giddy I felt in that moment. Of course I would agree to it, why haven't I done this sooner? Why are we not connecting like ...

JOURNAL PROMPT #1: WHAT IS ONE CONSISTENT PRACTICE YOU HAVE BEEN DOING THROUGH THIS QUARANTINE?

Hello everyone, I wanted to start a new project in this time that I believe would help the most to reach others with. I want to make my own journal prompts for people to view and to hopefully write to. I would love to see any responses if anyone feels comfortable to share, there is no pressure at all, just love. I've always had a comfort in writing and the connectedness I feel when I write something not only for others to view by for myself to reflect on. I hope that throughout these weekly journal prompts it will ease a bit of the quarantine tension and unite us through writing. With each journal prompt I make I will be responding to my own prompt to give others a view of what I personally think at the time.  My Response: The one consistent practice that I've been trying to do is at least write once a day. Whether that be in my planner or if I just write out a whole letter to someone to give later on. I want to be able to keep my spirits high by at least writin...

Overcoming Self Harm *Trigger Warning*

Before I begin to talk about everything that's happened with me lately i want to put this up in case anyone who is reading this needs to talk to someone... National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 . I'm not exactly sure where to start with this post. I have a lot of racing thoughts as to what exactly i want to say. I'll start off by stating my age, i'm currently 20 i will be turning 21 in august. I'm very young, i'm aware of it but it doesn't mean my emotions and or feelings are not credible to this topic because i've dealt with a lot of shit from my childhood up until now and experiences always give a lasting impression to me at least of how you can shape yourself as a better person.. what do these experiences give you? whether it's bad or good.. do you make something out of it? I'm still trying to process that within myself. I have had a traumatic event happen in my life when i was very young... and till this date it is my bi...